Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cosplay Sharing-20131101


Today I have the honor to interview a famous Cosplay photographer Bunny Tuan.
http://bunnytuan.deviantart.com/ this is her deviant art site. She posts her works here.


Cosplayer: Moji    Photographer: Bunny Tuan

Q: What drives you to do Cosplay photography?
A: I’m a cosplayer. At the early time when my friends and I did cosplay, we don’t have professional photographer. That’s why I decided to learn photography. My mother has a photography studio, so I ask her to teach me. At first, I just shoot my friends. They posted the photos online and people saw them. They asked who the photographer is, and my friends introduce me to others. Since that, more and more people ask me to shoot them.

Q: How long have you been doing this?
A: I started from my first year in college. That was 7 years ago.

Q: So you’ve been keeping doing this for all those years?
A: Yes. I cannot count how many cosplayers I’ve been worked with.

Q: Could you tell me something happened that really touched you?
A: Let me think. I remember that 2 months ago, a cosplayer from Oakland contacted me and ask me to take pictures for him. He said that was his first time doing cosplay. He felt so nervous. I told him to relax and be himself. Before shooting, he read the comic book again and again. He also practiced posing for days. I think for most people, cosplay is just a hobby and not so serious. But this guy worked very hard.



Q: How was cosplay photography changed you?
A: I was a shy person, really. After I become a cosplay photographer, I went to conventions or comic fairs to meet new people. I forced myself to communicate with others. Doing this makes me more open.

Q: What’s the largest benefit of doing this?
A: I’m not making money by doing this. First I think doing cosplay photography let me make a lot of new friends. Second it is my hobby, doing this gives me a rest from daily hard works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Alfacosplay by http://alfacosplay.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.